Remember:

Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of
yourself.
Charlie Chaplin

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Abbreviations of my Life


 Hi - this is me:  Barb Orthman. Born and raised in Berlin, Germany, I moved to Washington, D.C. in my early twenties via a job share. I hated D.C.!  Where were the cowboys I had read about, and the prairies? Luckily, I had good friends who lived in Texas - so, off I went. Landing in Dallas, I knew I was home.

I met and fell in love with an Air Force fly boy and, wouldn't you know it, within six months I was back in Germany - he had gotten orders.  But, just a couple of years later we came back to the States and made our home in San Bernardino, CA.  Loved it! So much for the "early years."

Between then and now I

  • joined the U.S. Army
  • got divorced
  • got married
  • got out of the Army
  • lived in Washington state, Ohio, Indiana, Colorado
  • got divorced
  • got married
  • lived in Colorado (again), Texas, Virginia, Nevada
  • got divorced
  • lived in Indiana, Colorado (3rd time!)
  • got married
  • have lived happily ever since!

Going back to school at  Ashford University has been my latest adventure. It is so interesting to learn a little bit about the lives of other people, and to hopefully learn things that can be of benefit, even at this stage in my life. And now a blog; I've never dreamt I would write a blog. Who would care what I have to say? Wow...

No comments:

Post a Comment